Q: What is the difference between MAX3232 and SP3232
Atomic Answer: The same. As for why SP is used so much, one is that the price of MAX is high, and the other is that MAX fakes are more.
I understand: 3232 is the use scenario of 3.3V-232 is the use scenario of 5V
What is max3232
max3232 uses a proprietary low-dropout transmitter output stage, using dual charge pumps to achieve true RS-232 performance when powered from 3.0V to 5.5V power supply, the device only needs four 0.1uF External small size charge pump capacitor. max3232 ensures a data rate of 120kbps while maintaining the RS-232 output level.
What is max232
MAX232 chip is a single power supply level conversion chip designed by MAXIM for RS-232 standard serial port. It uses +5v single power supply.
The device is particularly suitable for battery-powered systems, because its low-power shutdown mode can reduce power consumption to less than 5uW. The MAX225, MAX233, MAX235, and MAX245/MAX246/MAX247 do not require external components and are recommended for applications with limited printed circuit board area.
MAX220–MAX249 series line drivers/receivers are designed for EIA/TIA-232E and V.28/V.24 communication interfaces, especially for applications that cannot provide ±12V power.
Difference between MAX232 and MAX3232
MAX232 is 5V voltage, the power consumption is higher than MAX3232, general civilian products use this.
MAX3232 is 3.3V, low power consumption and high performance, mainly used in aerospace and places where power consumption is very demanding.
There is no difference in performance between the two.
1. MAX232 is powered by 5V voltage, and max3232 is powered by 5V or 3.3V voltage.
2. The power consumption of MAX232 is large, when the supply voltage is 5V, the power consumption is 5mA; while the power consumption of MAX3232 is small, when the supply voltage is 5V or 3.3V, the power consumption is 0.3mA.
3. MAX232 externally connected with four 1uF capacitors; while MAX3232 externally connected with four 0.1uF capacitors.
4. MAX232 general civilian product application; and MAX3232 general military use (such as aerospace and other places with strict power consumption requirements).
5. The price is slightly different.